Pain in the groin area in women can occur for various reasons. Do not turn a blind eye to this problem, because it may be a sign of other, more serious diseases.
Most of those at risk of pain in the groin of women are those ladies who play sports at a professional level. In this case, the problem does not require medical intervention, since it is considered quite natural.
But it is worth remembering that not always problems that are associated with pain in the groin can be harmless. Therefore, you need to think about to see a doctor.
Causes of groin pain in women
According to medical statistics, most often pain in the groin of women occurs due to the development of infection in the pelvic organs and the urogenital system, as well as often due to the peculiarities of the menstrual cycle.
Suffering can be delivered by an inguinal hernia, inflamed lymph nodes, an ectopic pregnancy, kidney stones, cystic formations, injuries. Diseases of various organs and body systems can cause pain in the groin area.
So, pain in the groin in women on the right or on the left causes such diseases:
- Often, pain in the groin in women is observed in inflammatory diseases of the female genital sphere - oophoritis, salpingitis, adnexitis. At the same time, there is general malaise, the temperature rises, and the stomach is painful on palpation.
- Stones in the kidneys or ureter. If bouts of pain in the groin on the left or right of women occur suddenly, and their duration reaches several minutes or hours, then this is a syndrome of renal colic.
- Intestinal pathologies of various kinds (intestinal obstruction, diverticulitis, flatulence, cancer of the rectum, colon or sigmoid colon). In this case, the patient is worried about vomiting, bloating, diarrhea, fever, constipation.
- Pain in the groin area in women can also occur due to trauma (hip injury, for example), herpes, protosis (a disease that causes the front wall of the peritoneum to deform), colliculitis and epididymitis.
- If there is a sharp pain when feeling the lower abdomen, this can signal very serious problems, such as rupture of an ovarian cyst or twist its legs. In this case, pain in the groin on the right in women may also resemble a clinical picture similar to appendicitis.
- With ectopic pregnancy, or rather with its special form. This is when a fertilized egg is attached to the inner wall of the tube. Pain at the beginning of a weak, then, as pregnancy progresses, they become more pronounced and unbearable. Bleeding is added.
- The process of ovulation is accompanied by the release of the follicle egg. In this case, the woman may feel pain in the groin, left or right.
- If you notice an increase in the lymph nodes, it means that you have an infection in your body: sexually transmitted diseases, inflammation of the urinary organs. They are not difficult to determine, as the lymph nodes, if there is inflammation, hurt, and venereal ailments, such as syphilis, in the initial stage are painless, only increasing the nodes of the veins.
- As for the inguinal hernia, this is a very common problem of pain in the groin area in men, but it also happens to women, though not often. Hernia is easy to detect on the body, it is a swelling in the right side of the groin, it can be clearly seen when you are standing. Hernia is formed due to the fact that the internal abdominal support tissues lose their elasticity, and intestinal loops fall out of the peritoneum into the groin.
- Pain in the right groin may be a sign of appendicitis. In this case, the painful sensations appear in the pit of the stomach, with the passage of time they increase and fall below. When appendicitis pain in the right groin is more worried while walking, at the time of attempts to lie on the left side and is given to the rectum.
As you can see, the causes of pain in the groin of women on the left or on the right are very many, so in each particular case it can only be determined by a urologist or a gynecologist, after a full hospital examination.
After a medical examination, the doctor prescribes an ultrasound scan, according to the results, which identifies the cause of the disease, and prescribes treatment. In order to determine if you have an infection, it is necessary to do a blood laboratory test.
Pain in the groin of a woman during pregnancy
During pregnancy, the woman's body is subjected to enormous stress due to the ongoing changes. Therefore, pregnant women often complain of pain in different parts of the body - back, lower abdomen and groin. Their appearance in the groin area
- due to the following reasons:
- relaxation of cartilage and ligaments under the action of hormones produced during pregnancy;
- the pressure of the growing fetus on the pelvic region and the divergence of the symphysis pubis;
- stretching ligaments that attach the uterus to the walls of the pelvis;
- increased muscle tone;
- lack of calcium in the body.
Another physiological cause leading to the development of pain in the groin area is constipation. During pregnancy, hormonal alteration of the body, in particular an increase in the hormone progesterone, leads to a decrease in intestinal motility, which causes a woman to develop constipation.
When constipation in a woman marked discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen on the left, groin and rectum. Also, pregnant women have flatulence, sleep disturbance and loss of appetite.
Pain before menstruation
Young girls and women who have not given birth before menstruation may experience regular pain in the groin area. They are associated, as a rule, with hormonal deficiency. Many people prefer to cope with this kind of pain with the help of analgesic drugs, but this is justified if the pain is not very strong and does not affect the general well-being.
If the pain in the groin before menstruation is strong enough, you should consult with a specialist.
To avoid pain in the groin, you need to lead a healthy lifestyle. At the same time, you need to carefully review your drinking regime. It is necessary to promptly identify and treat foci of infections in the body. During sexual intercourse, always protect yourself with a condom.