Anaferon is an antiviral immunomodulatory agent that helps to increase the number of antibodies, activate the cellular and humoral components of the immune system and the formation of interferon.
Due to its properties, the drug quickly and effectively relieves respiratory manifestations, as well as intoxication symptoms that are characteristic of SARS and influenza. The use of the drug reduces the risk of superinfection and the addition of a bacterial infection. If Anaferon is combined with drugs that have anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect, then you can reduce the dose of such drugs.
On this page you will find all the information about Anaferon: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Anaferon. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The drug that activates antiviral immunity.
Pharmacy sales terms
The drug is approved for use as a means of OTC.
How much does Anaferon cost? The average price in pharmacies is 280 rubles.
Release form and composition
Anaferon for adults is available in the form of sublingual tablets, packaged in blister packs of 20 pieces. Children's Anaferon is also sold in the form of lozenges in packs of 20 or 40 pieces.
The active component of the drug is affinity purified antibodies to human gamma interferon. Excipients of the drug: lactose, magnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose.
The tablets have a flat-cylindrical shape, the color is white or almost white, the inscription MATERIA MEDICA is clearly visible on the side with the risk, and the engraving ANAFERON is on the other side.
The drug belongs to the group of antiviral, immunostimulating and immunomodulating, antimutagenic drugs. The active main substance in the composition of the medicinal product determines the undoubted prerogatives of its use:
- reducing the concentration of the virus in the affected organs and tissues;
- stimulation of cellular and humoral immune response;
- induction of the formation of gamma-interferon;
- induction of endogenous interferons;
- increased production of antibodies;
- activation of the function of T-helper and T-effectors, the normalization of their ratio;
- increase the functional reserve of cells involved in the immune response.
These properties make it possible to widely use the drug in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, promote the fastest relief from cold symptoms, relief from rhinitis, symptoms of nasal congestion, cough, tearing and sore throat.
Indications for use
According to the instructions for use, Anaferon is recommended for the treatment of the following diseases:
- flu and ARVI;
- cytomegalovirus infection;
- herpes in acute and chronic form, as well as infectious mononucleosis;
- mixed diseases of bacterial and viral nature, occurring in complex forms;
- immunodeficiency state;
- for the prevention of worsening of the condition during the course of viral infections.
Often it is prescribed as an independent means to eliminate the symptoms of the common cold and acute respiratory infections in mild form. In severe cases, when complex treatment is necessary, it can also be prescribed during therapy, but only as an auxiliary drug to prevent various complications.
Contraindications to the use of Anaferon are individual sensitivity to the components of the drug and children up to one month.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions for use provided by pharmacologists anaferon during pregnancy is impossible. But no one has studied this fact, and research has not been conducted among pregnant women.
Practicing doctors neglect this item and actively prescribe future mothers for the treatment and prevention of infectious processes. Doctors believe that this homeopathic remedy is safe for the health of pregnant and lactating women. Although they also find those who hold the opinion that during pregnancy the necessary protective reactions are activated, and artificial intervention and stimulation of the immune system can be unpredictable.
Instructions for use Anaferon
The instructions for use indicated that Anferon used inside. At 1 reception - 1 tab. (keep in mouth until completely dissolved - not at mealtime).
- SARS, influenza, intestinal infections, herpes virus infections, neuroinfections. Treatment should begin as soon as possible - when the first signs of an acute viral infection appear as follows: during the first 2 hours, the drug is taken every 30 minutes, then during the first day, 3 more doses are taken at regular intervals. From the second day onwards take 1 tab. 3 times / day until complete recovery.
In the absence of improvement, on the third day of treatment with a drug of acute respiratory viral infections and influenza, one should consult a doctor. In the epidemic season, for preventive purposes, the drug is taken daily 1 time / day for 1-3 months.
- For the prevention of recurrence of chronic herpes virus infection - 1 tab. / Day. The recommended duration of the prophylactic course is determined individually and can reach 6 months.
- Hepatic herpes. For acute manifestations of genital herpes, the drug is taken at regular intervals as follows: 1-3 days - 1 tab. 8 times / day, then - 1 tab. 4 times / day for at least 3 weeks.
- When using the drug for treatment and prevention of immunodeficiency states in the complex therapy of bacterial infections - take 1 tab. / day.
If necessary, the drug can be combined with other antiviral and symptomatic agents.
At use of Anaferon according to indications and in recommended dosages, no side effects were revealed. Sometimes there are hypersensitivity reactions to the components of the drug.
Due to the fact that the drug contains a small amount of the active substance, there are no cases of overdose, there were no side effects. However, taking a larger amount of the drug than indicated in the instructions can cause dyspeptic symptoms, and side effects can occur only with increased individual intolerance to the ingredients of the product.
When using the drug can be observed dyspepsia due to the components that make up the drug. Lactose, which is included in Anaferon, makes it undesirable in patients with congenital lactose deficiency, glucose malabsorption syndrome, and congenital galactosemia.
No data on clinically significant interaction. The drug can be taken with other antiviral, symptomatic and antibacterial drugs.
As a rule, on anaferon reviews of experts are far from unambiguous. On the part of patients, anaferon reviews also receive a variety of.
It is a matter of the complexity of the use patterns and the short duration of the period during which anaferon treatment of a viral infection can begin. Basically, anaferon reviews of doctors are that the drug is not sufficiently active against new types of viruses. Therefore, its use misses valuable time at the onset of the disease for effective treatment with more modern drugs. On the other hand, anaferon reviews come from those who use it as a prophylactic. These people are usually satisfied with the results.
Some reviews about the drug:
- Why spend money on a drug about which method of action is still incomprehensible rumors? Doctors do not know how the notorious “antibodies to gamma interferon” work, but then anaferon in our country is a “medicine”. I consider it unreasonable stupidity, to be treated for them during the flu.
- I am a university student. It is often more, so after leaving the hospital one has to spend a lot of time to catch up with the program. On the forums I found out about the drug Anaferon, whose reviews made me take an interest. I consulted a doctor and started taking it to prevent a cold. Everything worked out! I did not hurt at the time, as everyone went to the hospital. And those cough symptoms that started to appear quickly disappeared. Recomend for everybody!
- That homeopathy (such as anaferon) definitely never helped, and, honestly, it cannot help. How can chalk or milk sugar or water help fight viruses ??? no way. By the way, you should always check the composition of the means, manufacturers do not even bother with writing, only this allows you to understand everything, but with an anaferon everything is very clear: according to the manufacturer, 1 gram of anaferon for children contains no more than 10−16 ng / g of active form antibodies to gamma-interferon, which is equivalent to their complete absence.
- Ill son, for two days we take anaferon according to the scheme. the cold started easily, and after taking this drug - it was just terrible: wet chest cough, snot waterfall, and most importantly - my eyes were filled like a terrible conjunctivitis, tears run without ceasing ... I sin on anaferon, because with each pill the symptoms get worse and worse.
- I woke up in the morning with pain in my chest and cough, for 2 hours the temperature rose 39, a strong weakness, chills appeared. I started to drink the baby anaferon according to the regimen (5 tablets in 2 hours). No longer saw anything, as I breastfeed the child. After 3 hours, the temperature dropped to 38.3 without antipyretic, passed a chill, was able to stand up (before that lay a layer). The doctor added cough syrup and gargling to anaferon. With this treatment on the third day, the temperature is 37, it is good to cough, I feel pretty good. In the case of the beginning cold, the eldest daughter also always gave children anaferon, helped.
Want to leave your opinion? Write in the comments.
In "Anaferon" there are analogues. They can act in various dosage forms: drops, tablets, suspension, suppositories. They are also effective against viruses. The most common among them are:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry, protected from light, out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.