Vikare has established itself as a drug used to treat ulcerative lesions of the gastric and duodenal mucosa.
The drug has a combined effect, has an astringent effect on the cells of the mucous membrane, helps to relieve spasm and muscle relaxation, reducing the strength and intensity of pain.
On this page you will find all the information about Vikare: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vikair. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The combined drug has astringent, antacid, laxative and antispasmodic action.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Vikair? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 90 rubles.
Release form and composition
Vikair is produced in the form of flat-cylindrical tablets of pink or pink with a lilac shade of color, with a risk and a bevel. The tablets have dark and white blotches. The drug goes on sale for 10 tablets in a contour bagless packaging. One carton pack contains 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 packs.
The active ingredients in the composition of the tablets are the following components:
- Buckthorn bark powder;
- Rhizomes of calamus swamp crushed;
- Magnesium carbonate;
- Bismuth subnitrate;
- Sodium bicarbonate.
Talik, potato starch and stearic acid are auxiliary substances in the composition of Vikair.
The therapeutic effect of the combined drug is due to the properties of the components included in its composition. The drug has antacid, astringent and laxative effect. In addition, it helps with spasms of the smooth muscles of the digestive tract.
- Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes HCl.
- Magnesium ions increase the osmotic pressure in the intestines, thus stimulating its motility.
- Magnesium carbonate increases the pH of the gastric environment by binding free hydrochloric acid and suppressing the activity of pepsin by adsorbing this proteolytic enzyme.
- The buckthorn alder bark stimulates the passage in the intestines, providing a laxative effect. In the airy marsh there are compounds characterized by pronounced antispasmodic properties.
- Bismuth nitrate forms a reliable protective film on the walls of the stomach. This substance accelerates the regenerative processes in the damaged areas of the mucous membrane, reduces inflammation and destroys pathogenic microflora.
Indications for use
What helps? According to the instructions, Vikair is prescribed for the treatment of such diseases as:
- Hyperacid gastritis;
- Tendency to frequent constipation;
- Stomach ulcer;
- Duodenal ulcer.
Vikair is contraindicated:
- With chronic appendicitis;
- In severe forms of renal failure;
- In pediatric practice (up to 18 years);
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- With enterocolitis (inflammation of the small and large intestine);
- When gastritis, which is characterized by reduced acidity;
- With individual sensitivity to the components of the drug.
During treatment with bismuth-based drugs, feces may be stained black or dark green. After discontinuation, normal color is restored within a few days.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the Vikir tablets are prescribed after a meal, after 1-1.5 hours.
- Single dose - 1-2 tablets.
- Daily reception frequency - 3 times.
The duration of therapy is up to 2 months.
In rare cases, there is an increase in stool. This condition is easily eliminated by reducing a single dose of the drug. The development of an allergic reaction (pruritus, rash), tongue pigmentation, swelling of the gums and eyelids, decrease in hemoglobin in the peripheral blood, headaches are possible.
When receiving Vikarer fecal masses become dark in color (this is not a reason to cancel the treatment). With prolonged use of the drug, due to the accumulation in the tissues of the nervous system of bismuth, the development of encephalopathy is possible.
A significant increase in the bismuth content can lead to renal failure. Treatment: gastric lavage, activated carbon, the introduction of chelating agents, in severe cases - hemodialysis procedure.
It is necessary to consider the possibility of the development of encephalopathy associated with the accumulation of bismuth in the central nervous system with prolonged use in large doses.
During the treatment period, the feces turn black.
Antacids that are part of Vikair affect the absorption of a large number of drugs - reduce absorption:
- Antiepileptic drugs;
- Cardiac glycosides;
- Antiplatelet agents;
- Antifungal agents;
- Some antihistamine drugs;
- ACE inhibitors;
- H2 receptor blockers;
- Rifampicin and zalcitabine.
Alcohol should not be taken while taking the drug.
In reviews of people it is said that these pills help to eliminate the pain caused by a stomach ulcer, and even normalize the condition of the gastrointestinal tract. Also reported cases of effective treatment for hyperacid gastritis, which led to sustained remission. It is therefore difficult to determine from what pills help best.
Besides the fact that Vikair is considered to be not a modern tool, it has been established that its use may adversely affect the condition of the mucous membrane and the walls of the stomach due to the formation of large amounts of carbon dioxide. It is also possible the development of hypertensive crises and puffiness, which causes sodium. For this reason, this drug should be taken with extreme caution.
There is no exact analogue of Vikair. Almagel, De-Nol, Maalox, Renny have a similar effect.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Vikair should be stored in a dry place protected from direct sunlight at a temperature of 15-25 ° C. Expiration date from the moment of release - 4 years.