Viprosal is one of the drugs for local use.
It contains natural viper venom, salicylic acid, as well as other irritating substances. Its action is aimed at stimulating the surface nerve receptors, improving the blood supply to the tissues in the area of application. The therapeutic effect develops quickly and persists for several hours.
On this page you will find all the information about Viprosal V: full instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Viprosal ointment. Do you want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The drug with a local irritant and analgesic effect.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Amaryl? The average price in pharmacies is about 300 rubles.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of ointment for external use. The ointment is homogeneous, white or slightly yellowish in color with a pronounced smell of turpentine. The drug is produced in aluminum tubes in a cardboard box of 30 or 50 g.
The main active components of the drug Viprosal B are: dry venom of an ordinary viper, salicylic acid, camphor, turpentine gum. The composition of the ointment also contains excipients: paraffin, purified water, glycerin, vaseline, emulsifier.
The drug works with a pronounced analgesic and irritating effect, inhibits nerve impulses. It acts on the receptors of the skin and subcutaneous tissue. As a result, the vessels dilate, their permeability increases, blood circulation and soft tissue trophicity improve. The medicine has a healing effect. Its acceleration occurs due to the hyaluronidase activity of snake venom. In addition, the poison has the ability to destroy proteins, therefore cicatricial changes in tissues and inflammation are reduced.
The drug helps with pain in the joints and muscles of any nature - from injury or due to exacerbation of chronic diseases. It eliminates pain, has anti-inflammatory effect, relieves other symptoms.
Indications for use
What helps? “Viprosal” is an analgesic drug used for pain in muscles and joints. For external use. It is recommended to apply the gel, in the case of:
- Injuries, sprains;
- Severe pain with lumbago;
According to the instructions, Viprosal contraindicated in the following cases:
- Increased body temperature;
- General depletion of the body;
- Acute pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Hypersensitivity to one or more active or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Severe liver and / or kidney function;
- Violation of cerebral and / or coronary circulation;
- Tendency to develop angiospasm.
Viprosal is also not prescribed to pregnant women during the period of breastfeeding, to children up to 12 years due to the lack of data on the drug's safety and its efficacy for these categories of patients.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of ointment Viprosal while carrying a child is prohibited. Even in spite of the fact that the drug is applied to the skin and has a minimum percentage of penetration into the systemic circulation, there is a probability of its penetration through the placenta to the baby. Since the mechanisms of influence of the components of the composition on the growing fetus has not been studied, pregnancy at any time is a contraindication to the use of the drug.
During breastfeeding, the use of the drug is also not recommended. If a course of therapy is urgently needed, then natural feeding is temporarily interrupted, returning to it already after the passed therapy.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Viprosal B with viper venom is used externally.
- Ointment is applied to the skin of painful areas 1 time / day in a dose of 5-10 g (1-2 teaspoons) in parts and rubbed into the skin, with severe pain - 2 times / day until the pain syndrome disappears.
- The course of treatment is on average 10 days.
After applying the ointment, wash your hands thoroughly to avoid ointment in the eyes and other mucous membranes.
Among the side effects of use are allergic reactions that have a form of itching, urticaria, or edema. With the manifestation of these undesirable reactions stop using the ointment. If this effect occurs immediately after lubrication of the skin, you should remove the composition, just wash it off with water. To avoid the occurrence of side effects, it is desirable to first apply the agent to the skin.
Negative manifestations will disappear immediately after the end of the application.
The instructions for the drug does not provide data on overdose.
There is also no data on how the remedy is combined with other drugs, if it is used together with it.
- Viprosal B should be applied to the painful areas of the body in parts.
- If any side effects occur, the drug should be discontinued immediately.
- It is necessary to avoid getting ointment on the mucous membranes, open wounds, as well as in the eyes.
- The need to use the ointment in pediatrics is determined by the doctor individually.
To date, there is no data on how this ointment interacts with other drugs.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Viprosal In:
- Leonid. I suffer with radiculitis for a long time, and sometimes the pain is such that in any position they do not pass. What I just did not try, but nothing pain in such periods does not relieve. Recently, I used a new tool - Viprosal. Now I understand that this is an excellent choice, because the pain of the drug quenches. In those moments when I feel that the pain is about to intensify, I immediately try to smear my back, and then I get out of bed and continue to do my own business.
- Nina. I had to use this tool. This was due to the fact that I received a serious injury after the accident. The ointment helped me get rid of the cloying, aching pain, and when my joints hurt badly, the drug also managed to cope with these sensations.
- Inna I used Viprosalom because, after anesthesia during childbirth, my back ached just terribly, and you still need to have children on your hands. A friend advised this ointment. At first, it seemed to help, there was relief, the pain was not so strong, but very soon this effect disappeared. I smeared this ointment a couple of times, but it did not help me anymore and I stopped using it.
Here is a list of substitutes that are similar to Viprosal in their action and composition:
- Alvipsal - ointment for topical application of irritant and analgesic action produced in tubes of 30 and 35 grams;
- Nizhvisal V - anesthetic, locally irritating ointment produced in aluminum tubes with a volume of 15,20,25 and 30 grams;
- Viprosal - a drug for external use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic action, which is presented in the form of a white ointment with the smell of turpentine in a 30-gram tube;
- Salvisar is a irritant in the form of white ointment in tubes of 15 grams and glass jars in a volume of 25 grams.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
It is necessary to store the drug in a place protected from children, where direct sunlight will not fall. Do not freeze the drug!
Store the tool is recommended in the refrigerator, before applying to leave for a while at room temperature for heating. Shelf life is 2 years.