Heptor is a hepatoprotector, in addition, it can stop a depressive state, also has a neuroprotective, regenerating effect.
This medicine will help cleanse the body of toxic products. Able to stimulate the patient's body to produce a specific biologically active substance ademetionine, which participates in most biological reactions as a donor of the methyl group, also being the basis for antitoxic compounds.
On this page you will find all the information about Heptor: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Heptor. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Hepatoprotector, has antidepressant activity.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Heptor? The average price in pharmacies is 1,200 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of oblong tablets coated with a yellow enteric coating. In a section 2 layers are visible.
Also, the drug is produced in the form of a powder - lyophilisate for solution preparation. It is intended for intramuscular and intravenous administration.
- The main active ingredient is S-adenosylmethionine (400 mg).
Mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone and magnesium stearate are used as excipients.
Heptor is a hepatoprotective drug with antidepressant activity. Heptor has a detoxification, antioxidant, regenerating, neuroprotective and antifibrosis effect.
Heptor contains the active ingredient ademetionine (S-adenosyl-L-methionine), which is included in a number of biochemical processes in the body, and also stimulates the production of endogenous ademetionine. Ademethionine is present in almost all tissues and biological fluids of the body, it participates in biochemical reactions as a donor of the methyl group. In particular, ademetionine is involved in the process of methylation of phospholipids of the cell membrane layer (transmethylation), and is also a precursor of thiol compounds, including taurine, cysteine, glutathione and CoA. Ademethionine plays an important role as a precursor of polyamines, including putrescine (which stimulates cell regeneration and proliferation of hepatocytes), spermine and spermidine (which are part of the ribosome structure).
The tablets of the drug Heptor are covered with an enteric coating - the active ingredient is released in the duodenum.
Indications for use
Heptor is used to treat primary depressive conditions, as well as secondary ones caused by somatic diseases, alcohol or drug addiction. Appointed for the relief of alcohol and drug withdrawal syndrome.
It is used in the treatment of patients suffering from hepatitis caused by alcohol, viral diseases, or drugs, including antibiotics, chemotherapy, anti-tuberculosis and antiviral drugs, tricyclic antidepressants, hormonal contraceptives.
It is used in maintenance therapy for cirrhosis of the liver, as well as in pre-cirrhotic conditions, encephalopathy of any origin, mainly secondary.
Heptor cannot be used on the 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy and during breastfeeding. Also, this drug is contraindicated for use in children who have not yet turned 18 years old.
Do not use Heptor in patients who have an increased sensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
In the first and second trimesters of pregnancy, ademetionine is used only when absolutely necessary, when the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. The use of ademetionine in high doses in the third trimester of pregnancy did not cause any undesirable effects.
Use of ademetionine during breastfeeding is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the baby.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the method of administering the drug Heptor in the form of a lyophilisate: intramuscularly (IM) or intravenously (IV), the tablets are taken orally.
- When ingestion daily dose is 800-1600 mg.
- When i / v or v / m the introduction of a daily dose of 400-800 mg.
- The duration of treatment is determined individually, depending on the severity and course of the disease.
In elderly patients, it is recommended to start treatment with the lowest recommended dose, taking into account a decrease in hepatic, renal or cardiac function, the presence of concomitant pathological conditions and the use of other drugs.
Usually the drug is well tolerated. Sometimes there is discomfort in the stomach, which is associated with the acidic pH of the main active ingredient. This side sign disappears on its own, and there is no need to cancel treatment or use additional therapy.
Sometimes a manifestation of an allergic reaction is possible.
There is no information about taking the drug in a dosage exceeding the therapeutic rate.
- With cirrhosis of the liver, which is associated with hyperazotemia, it is necessary to carry out systematic control of azotemia.
- It is necessary to take into account that Heptor produces a tonic effect. In this regard, its use before bedtime is not recommended.
- The solution of the drug should be prepared immediately before use. In cases of discoloration of the lyophilisate, it cannot be used
- During long-term treatment, the serum urea and creatinine levels should be determined.
- When administering Heptora to patients with bipolar disorders, it must be borne in mind that there is information about the transition during the treatment of depression to mania / hypomania.
There is no information about the manifestation of the drug drug interactions.
We picked up some feedback from people about Heptor:
- Ildus. Heptor and Heptral are exactly the same, I drink for a long time after viral hepatitis A, a wonderful drug restores the liver very well, besides completely relieves depression and soothes very well, but you cannot drink at night!
- Maria. I have hepatitis C (identified 4 years ago), so far the indicators are quite good. She consulted a hepatologist at the “center for studying the liver” (via the Internet) at the expense of the heptorator, she replied that the drug was decent, took the course (drink a month or two months, it still works), passed tests: general and biochemistry for the liver. Hemoglobin rose and albumin returned to normal, it was lowered all four years. Heptor also relieves depression, increases activity, improves mood. There were no side effects, but I’m 70 years old and there are all sores of a whole bunch. As the therapist told me: “not even a bouquet, but a whole armful).
- Andrew. My uncle had cirrhosis of the liver. I went to the doctors for a long time, then he was prescribed to take the Heptor before meals a day about 3 tablets for one month. Oddly enough, my uncle began to get better, then he was once again assigned this course and painted a strict diet. Now walks healthy.
- Igor I consider Heptor to be quite an effective drug, although I did not take Amitriptyline at the beginning of the treatment and could not refuse it, I had to go to the day hospital, because I felt disgusting while taking the drugs. I felt sick, my head ached, but I slept soundly and became more efficient. At the end of the course, he returned to normal life, the doctor recommended to drink away the course again in six months for prevention.
The only structural analogue of the drug is Heptral. Both drugs have the same active ingredient, so almost no different. Heptral is also available in the form of tablets and powder for solution preparation. When a patient has a question about which medicine to choose, it is difficult to give advice.
Analogous hepatoprotectors that are not structural in relation to Heptor include:
- Carniten. The drug, created on the basis of left carnitine. This is a compound of natural origin, close to the vitamins of group B. It is produced in the form of tablets and solution for injection. Appointed with a lack of carnitine in the body. Perhaps the use of angina, myocardial infarction.
- Hepadif. The drug, consisting of 5 main components: adenosine, riboflavin and pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin and carnitine. Each of these components in its own way affects the liver, providing a beneficial effect. As a rule, the drug is used in cirrhosis and hepatitis of various etiologies, as well as to neutralize the toxic effects on the liver of certain medications. The drug is available in capsules and ampoules with powder for solution preparation and can be prescribed for adults and children over 7 years old.
- Hepabene Herbal preparation based on milk thistle extract and dymyanki. The compounds that make up these plants, normalize the flow of bile, contribute to the regeneration of organ cells. The drug is used in inflammatory processes of the biliary tract, dyskinesia, cholecystitis. Available in capsules, allowed for children from 6 years.
- Livodeksa. Medication based on ursodeoxycholic acid. It is used to dissolve cholesterol stones, as well as for the treatment of cirrhosis and reflux gastritis. The drug is available in the form of tablets, has many side effects.
- Karsil. The drug, along with auxiliary components, contains silymarin. This compound of plant origin, extracted from milk thistle, has a regenerating effect on the liver cells and prevents the penetration of toxins into the organ. The drug is used for cirrhosis, toxic effects, hepatitis, for the prevention of liver diseases. The drug is available in the form of pills and is approved for use by children from 12 years.
- Essentiale Forte N. The drug is based on phospholipids, which strengthen the envelope of liver cells. It is used for hepatitis, cirrhosis, necrosis of the liver, after surgery to prevent complications, toxic poisoning and toxicosis of pregnant women, neurodermatitis and other skin diseases caused by impaired liver function.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep the tablets in the original packaging, you should protect them from direct sunlight. The temperature should be from 15 to 25 degrees.