D-Panthenol is used for various injuries of the skin.
It increases the regenerative properties of tissues and improves the nutritional value of the epidermis. At the same time accelerates the metabolism of cells, increases the strength and stability of collagen fibers. This drug has a slight anti-inflammatory effect.
On this page you will find all the information about D-panthenol: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used D-panthenol ointment. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
A drug that improves trophism and tissue regeneration for external use.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does D-panthenol cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 230 rubles.
Release form and composition
D-Panthenol ointment is produced with a uniform consistency of a light yellow color with a lanolin odor in aluminum tubes of 25 and 50 g each.
The composition of one gram of agent includes 50 mg of dexpanthenol and such excipients as:
- 0.1 mg butylhydroxyanisole;
- 20 mg decamethylcyclopentasiloxane;
- 4 mg of phenonip;
- 295 mg of protegin B;
- 50 mg of beeswax;
- 0.1 mg butylhydroxytoluene;
- 160 mg of purified water;
- 5 mg dimethicone;
- 160 mg of lanolin;
- 20 mg of LANETTE SX emulsifier;
- 210.8 mg of paraffin white soft;
- 5 mg of magnesium sulfate heptahydrate;
- 20 mg of propylene glycol.
They also produce a homogeneous white cream D-Panthenol, which has a specific odor, in 25 and 50 g aluminum tubes.
One gram of cream contains 50 mg of dexpanthenol and excipients - 40 mg of glyceryl monostearate, 5 mg of dimethicone, 50 mg of cetearyl octanoate, 0.7 mg of methyl parahydroxybenzoate, 0.3 mg of propyl parahydroxybenzoate, 40 mg of ketomacrogol, 732.8 mg of purified water, 50 mg propylene glycol, 0.2 mg of flavoring Seaside 2026 and 40 mg of cetanol.
The action of the external drug D-Panthenol is aimed at improving tissue regeneration. The active substance of the drug - dexpanthenol, being a derivative of pantothenic acid (a water-soluble vitamin of group B), plays an important role in:
- Carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism;
- The release of energy from carbohydrates;
- Synthesis of steroid hormones and sterols;
- Cleavage and synthesis of fatty acids;
- Acetylation processes during gluconeogenesis.
As a result of applying cream and ointment, D-Panthenol:
- Cell metabolism normalizes;
- The strength of collagen fibers increases;
- Stimulates the process of skin regeneration;
- Improves the function of the epithelium, which is especially important against the background of damage to the tissues and skin
Thus, due to the properties of the active substance and its ability to penetrate into all skin layers, D-Panthenol softens and nourishes the skin, and also has a weak anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect. Auxiliary components help to improve the therapeutic properties of the drug.
What is it used for?
"D-Panthenol" (ointment) for what is recommended? Instructions for use, which is attached to each pack of medication, contains the following information. The composition is shown at:
- wounds and furuncles after opening and emptying the cavity;
- cracked skin;
- during breast care during lactation and for babies;
- burns, obtained by natural or chemical means;
- allergic skin reactions;
- diaper rash and diaper dermatitis;
- in case of need cosmetic care for dry and sensitive skin.
D-Panthenol cream can be used as a therapeutic agent or as a prophylactic measure. It all depends on the symptoms of the patient.
Pantothenic acid is not suitable for all patients for successful treatment, there are limitations. For example, it is desirable to avoid such an appointment if hypersensitivity to the active components prevails in the body.
If you break this rule, doctors do not rule out severe itching, redness and swelling of the skin after applying a creamy composition. However, there is no enormous harm to the health of the clinical patient, the risk of general or partial intoxication is minimal.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant women and nursing mothers are allowed to use the drug as directed by the attending physician.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the ointment D-panthenol in the form of ointment is applied externally, 1-4 times per day. As prescribed by the doctor can be applied more often. Perhaps the imposition of a compress (for example, on the nipple area). It is possible to use both on any sites of skin, and on mucous.
When complex treatment of the wound, first wash the wound surface with antiseptics, and then only apply D-panthenol. When cracked nipples are used after each feeding. Children lubricate the skin after bathing and each change of the diaper. Application 1-2 times a day is enough to treat anal fissure cracks and pathologies of the cervical mucosa.
The duration of D-panthenol treatment depends on the severity of the pathology.
The drug D-panthenol in any of its dosage form is well tolerated by patients of any age. In very rare cases with individual hypersensitivity to the components of the drug in a patient may develop the following side effects:
- Development of contact dermatitis;
- Itching and burning of the skin;
- Local fever.
As a rule, these side effects are mild and do not require discontinuation of drug treatment.
Since the characteristic drug is used externally, it is not absorbed into the blood and does not differ in chemical composition, overdose cases were practically completely excluded in practice and were not officially recorded. Even with the systematic overestimation of daily dosages of D-Panthenol, there will be no deterioration, however, the onset of the therapeutic effect will not be accelerated either. So it is better to follow the valuable recommendations of a knowledgeable specialist.
Do not apply on wet surfaces.
Treatment of trophic ulcers and poorly healing skin grafts should be carried out under medical supervision.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug D-panthenol:
- Kirill. What a good drug it turns out, my wife treats a child with diaper rash when she sends me to the pharmacy, and she gave me exactly such a tsu - so that panthenol spray with a smiley. Even then I was surprised at the smiley on the bottle, well done manufacturers, they came up with the original distinctive mark, funny and the child likes it.
- Inna I got acquainted with D-Panthenol in the maternity hospital, when I started to feed the baby and her nipples were cracked. The pain was unbearable, and the midwife advised the use of this drug. The procedure was easy and painless, after the first application of the ointment to cleansed skin, the nipples stopped hurting, and on the third day I fed the child without feeling any pain.
- Raisa Panthenol simply saved us from childhood diaper rash, than we didn’t treat them, and on the advice of my grandmother with potassium permanganate and all kinds of compresses, air baths, diapers probably tried all brands ... until a friend advised me to buy panthenol, I also told about the smiley, too I could have bought a fake ... it was her European children and she treated her diaper rash, and that helped us quickly too, such relief to the kid finally, and even the non-benefit appetite, became and at night slept badly.
- Alice. The ointment D-Panthenol ideally suited for diaper rash and diaper dermatitis. At first, she used Bepantenom for peeling and peeling of the skin, but this medicine very quickly reduced its healing properties. I had to urgently introduce a replacement. At first I was worried that allergies would not arise, but in the end I was satisfied with such a prescription.
Similar in composition and therapeutic effect of the drug D-panthenol are the following:
- Panthenol ointment;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Which is better "Panthenol" or "D-Panthenol"?
This question is asked by many people who pay attention to the composition of purchased drugs. But these two drugs are the same, so they can easily be called analogues. According to its properties, ointments are interchangeable, since the indications are identical.
It is more profitable to buy panthenol, but if you take into account consumer reviews about D-Panthenol, then the remedy is much more effective than its predecessor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
D-Panthenol should be stored in a dark and dry place, out of reach of children, at room temperature.
The shelf life of the cream, subject to the basic recommendations of the manufacturer, is two years, ointment - one and a half years.