Detralex tablets are used as a highly effective remedy for varicose veins, and also used in proctology during the complex treatment of hemorrhoids.
The drug maintains the tone (tension) of the vascular wall, preventing it from stretching, which reduces the release of plasma and proteins from the bloodstream to the surrounding tissues, and reduces capillary fragility. This leads to a reduction in stagnation.
On this page you will find all the information about Detralex: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Detralex. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
The drug used in violation of the venous circulation.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Detralex cost? The average price in pharmacies is 800 rubles for 30 tablets of 500 mg.
Release form and composition
Detralex tablets are available in a pink-orange film, and on a break, the color is pale yellow. Have the oval form and non-uniform structure.
- 1 tablet contains: 450mg of diosmin and 50 mg of hesperidin.
- The composition of the film shell includes macrogol, titanium dioxide, dyes. Excipients: gelatin, cellulose, talc, magnesium stearate, purified water.
Tablets of 15 pcs. they are sealed in blisters, each cardboard pack contains 2 blisters.
Diosmin - the active substance of Detralex belongs to the group of venotonics and angioprotectors. As a result of the action of the drug, the tone of the veins increases, which means that they become less elastic and tensile, the hemodynamics are improved, the effects of stasis are reduced. Detralex prevents leukocyte adhesion to the endothelium wall, as a result of which the damaging effect of inflammatory mediators on the valves of the veins is reduced.
The unique processing technology of diosmin - micronization - provides detralex, more complete and faster absorption, and hence a faster onset of action, compared with similar drugs, which include non-micronized diosmin.
In the body, Detralex biotransformed to phenolic acids. Excreted mainly by the liver (86%), the half-life of 10.5-11 hours.
Indications for use
What helps? With varicose veins and venostase it is an ideal healing agent, however, it is desirable to take it as part of a comprehensive treatment, do not hope for an independent therapeutic effect. The list of benefits of the drug Detralex is huge, and the minimum number of side effects makes the drug demanded for all categories of patients strictly for medical reasons. Recovery is immediate.
The main indications for use of Detralex, according to the instructions, are as follows:
- progressive prostatitis;
- morning leg fatigue;
- disorders of microcirculation of the cardiovascular system;
- feeling of heaviness in the legs;
- the appearance of a small vascular network on the skin;
- increased capillary resistance;
- prevention of varicose veins;
- convulsions and increased swelling of the lower extremities;
- appearance of venous trophic ulcers;
- pain and heaviness of the limbs;
- symptomatic treatment of acute hemorrhoids.
Detralex can only be used as directed by the physician. Before starting therapy, you should carefully read the enclosed instructions, as the pills have some contraindications. These include:
- Lactation period;
- Blood clotting disorders, congenital blood diseases - hemophilia;
- Severe varicose disease, accompanied by trophic open ulcers;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Detralex is not recommended for pregnant women. The effect of the drug is not known on the fetal development of the fetus.
The drug should not be used during lactation.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Detralex tablets prescribed by mouth. The risk on the tablet is intended solely for dividing in order to facilitate swallowing.
- The recommended dose for venous lymphatic insufficiency is 1 tab. / Day, preferably in the morning, during the meal.
- The recommended dose for acute hemorrhoids is 3 tab./day (1 tab. In the morning, noon and evening) for 4 days, then 2 tab./ day (1 tab. In the morning and evening) for the next 3 days.
- The recommended dose for chronic hemorrhoids - 1 tab. / Day.
The duration of treatment may be several months (up to 12 months). In the case of recurrence of symptoms, according to the recommendation of a doctor, the treatment can be repeated.
Detralex is well tolerated by most patients. Sometimes when taking the drug may have the following side effects:
- dizziness and headache - from the central nervous system;
- nausea and vomiting, discomfort in the stomach, diarrhea from the gastrointestinal tract;
- skin rashes, itching and burning, urticaria and other manifestations of allergic reactions.
If you experience the above side effects, you should stop taking the drug and contact your doctor.
About cases of overdose tablets information has been received. It can be assumed that if the patient did not take the drug correctly, without complying with the recommended doses, the likelihood of side effects increases.
If the symptoms do not go away within a few hours, then you should contact the medical institutions for a supportive treatment. Gastric lavage and the use of drugs from the group of sorbents may be required.
When applying Detraleks should be borne in mind that:
- In acute hemorrhoids, taking Detralex tablets should not replace the specific treatment of anal disorders;
- Taking the drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the level of concentration;
- Despite the fact that the instructions to Detralex do not report any drug interactions, the patient must inform the attending physician of all medications taken by him.
- If the patient's condition in hemorrhoids does not improve after the course of treatment, the diagnosis should be clarified and a proctologic examination should be carried out;
- The maximum effect of drug therapy is achieved with a combination of treatment with a healthy diet and proper lifestyle. It is necessary to avoid long stays on your feet, long stays in the sun, maintain a normal body weight or make efforts to reduce excess weight, wear special stockings that improve blood circulation, make regular walks.
The effects of Detralex on the medicinal effect of other pharmaceuticals have not been identified.
We picked up some feedback from people about Detralex:
- Andrew. I am a freelancer. Therefore, I spend most of my working time at the computer, hence the sedentary lifestyle. As a result, I, as indeed many men of my age, have hemorrhoids. I tried the candles - they help, but not for long. Then the wife advised such a drug as “Detralex”. During periods of aggravation, he strongly rescues me. I take 2 tablets for 1 time in the morning, at lunch and in the evening. After 3 days, there was no discomfort, although the effect is already noticeable the next day. Recommend.
- Irina. I was prescribed during pregnancy. The doctor explained that the pills will not harm the unborn baby and we can safely treat them. At this time I got out hemorrhoids, bleeding during stool, pain and burning appeared. It was hard to walk and sit. I didn’t really believe that the pills would help, but to my surprise, just a day after the first dose, I noticed that the stool was not so painful, and there was no more blood. Now about hemorrhoids long forgotten.
- Eugenia. My husband suffered for a long time with hemorrhoids. Doctors prescribed chamomile baths and candles. How much money and time we spent on such treatment. So much so that the spouse simply could not go to work, I had to take him to the hospital. Assigned a removal operation. And then a work colleague advised me to buy the drug “Detralex” for my husband. Immediately I made a reservation that the pills were not cheap, but we didn’t care, we didn’t want to do the operation. My husband took 6 tablets a day for five days. Hemorrhoids are over! Indeed passed and does not bother for a year. How much effort and money was wasted, but it was just necessary to take one effective drug - Detralex.
Doctors say that the effect of the use of the drug Detralex is achieved due to its unique medicinal formula and production technology. Very small particles of active ingredients are easily absorbed by the body. But the best result, according to doctors, is achieved as a result of treatment with several repeated courses as part of the combined therapy of venous insufficiency of the lower extremities and hemorrhoids. Do not forget about the regime, adequate physical exertion, diet and other drugs that help in the fight against the disease.
Analogs of Detralex
Full analogues (generics) Detraleks that are cheaper than the original drug:
- Venozol (Venozolum) - a drug with the main active ingredients - diosmin and hesperedin. Pharmacological action is similar to Detralex. Form release: pills, gel and cream. The price is 300 rubles.
- Venarus (Venarus) is a generic drug with the same active ingredients (diosmin and hesperedin). The principle of operation is the same as that of Detralex. Form release - tablets in the shell. Price 450 rubles.
Incomplete analogues of Detralex that are at the level of the original:
- Phlebodia 600 (Phlebodia 600) - available in pill form. The active ingredient is diosmin, has a medicinal effect similar to Detralex (increases the tone of the venous wall, improves blood flow, normalizes the permeability of the walls of blood vessels). Price 900 rubles.
- Vasocet (Vasocet) comes in the form of oblong tablets of yellow color. The active ingredient (diosmin) reduces stretchability and increases the tone of the veins, thereby preventing the appearance of edema. The price is 800 rubles.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Tablets should be stored in a place protected from children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees, in the original packaging. The shelf life of the drug is indicated on the packaging, at the end of the tablet should be discarded.