Kogitum belongs to the drugs of the clinical-pharmacological group of general tonic preparations.
It is used for complex treatment of a decrease in the functional activity of the organism, in particular, in asthenic syndrome. The active component of this drug is potassium acetylaminosuccinate, which is able to activate acetylamino-succinic acid contained in the tissues of the central nervous system and is responsible for the normal transmission of nerve impulses. Such an effect on the human body leads to the normalization and stimulation of all the processes of nervous regulation.
On this page you will find all the information about Kogitum: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Kogitum. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Oazyvaet on the body adaptogenic and tonic effects, it contributes to the normalization of the processes of regulation of the nervous system.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is kogitum? The average price in pharmacies is 3,000 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of ampoules of 10 milliliters, made of dark glass. The solution is a transparent, yellowish color with a pleasant taste, reminiscent of a banana. Ampoules sealed on both sides.
- The composition of the drug Kogitum (1 ampoule containing 10 ml) includes: 250 mg of acetylaminosuccinate two-potassium salt, as well as additional components, including fructose.
In the package - 30 ampoules.
The active ingredient of the drug is the potassium salt of acetylamino-succinic acid, which refers to the biologically active compounds contained in the cells and structures of the central nervous system. Due to this composition, the drug has the ability to normalize the processes of nervous regulation, and also has a general stimulating effect on the body.
Accurate reliable data on the speed of absorption of the active substance from the digestive tract after taking Kogitum solution orally, its distribution in the body, metabolism and excretion is not available today.
Indications for use
When can such a stimulating effect on the nervous system be helpful? The indications for taking Kogitum in pediatrics are very extensive:
- mental retardation;
- adjustment disorders;
- mental disorders;
- delay in the stages of physical development;
- neurotic disorders;
- short-term depression;
- syndrome of perinatal damage to the nervous system;
- the effects of traumatic brain injury or neuroinfections;
- syndrome of fatigue after viral diseases;
- delay of emotional, psychomotor, preverbal and speech development;
- periods of increased emotional, physical or mental stress.
Most often, neurologists recommend taking Kogitum child with a slight delay of speech or psychomotor development. The drug does not interfere directly in the work of the brain, but only directs the development of the central nervous system in the right direction, helping the child quickly catch up on untapped skills and catch up with their peers in development.
A pleasant "bonus" for parents will be a strong immunity, healthy sleep and reduced fatigue. After the course of treatment, the children become more active and curious.
The tool is not assigned to patients in the following situations:
- in the presence of high sensitivity to acetylaminosuccinic acid;
- in the presence of hypersensitivity to additional components of the drug;
- patient age less than 7 years.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation it is better to refuse to take the drug. If this is not possible, the exact dosage of the drug is determined by a specialist.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Kogitum in the form of ampoules is intended for oral administration. The dose is prescribed individually by the doctor.
To receive it is necessary to open the ampoule on one side, then, substituting a glass or cup under the opened end, break off the opposite end of the ampoule. After that, the liquid will freely flow into the substituted container. Taste of the drug can be used without prior dilution. If it is diluted with water, a banana taste may be lost. The most preferred morning drug intake.
- For adults, the average dose is 3 vials / day: 2 - in the morning and 1 - at night. The maximum dose is not known.
- Children from 7 to 10 years old are recommended to take 1 ampoule in the morning, children aged 10 to 18 years old are recommended to take 2 ampoules in the morning.
The average duration of treatment in children and adults is 3 weeks.
If, for any reason, one or more doses of the drug have been missed, the treatment can be continued without the need for a secondary dose adjustment.
The treatment can also be suddenly discontinued without any serious consequences for the patient.
Allergic reactions in the form of a rash or pruritus.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated by patients, and allergic reactions are extremely rare.
Cases of overdose Kogitumom today is not fixed. However, the prescribed dosage must be observed. Excessive use of the drug may lead to side effects.
If necessary, treatment can be terminated at any time, the gradual removal of the drug is not required.
Studies on the effect of Kogitum on the reaction rate and ability to concentrate attention were not conducted, however, a negative impact is unlikely.
Conducting clinical studies, experts did not reveal the ability of Kogitum to interact with other drugs. However, to combine the tool with other drugs can only be advised by a doctor.
The use of additional drugs may affect the dosage.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Kogitum:
- Nastya. He appointed a neurologist at Nii, since the child has a developmental delay, lack of speech, did not always understand the speech of other people. The first course drank 1/2 ampoule twice a day. The medicine tastes pleasant, banana, the child drank well. After the course, I did not notice any special breakthroughs in the development of speech, but with understanding it became much better, and the intellect began to increase, and the teacher noted a higher interest and perseverance in the classroom. But the second course the doctor prescribed for us a very large dose, for a three-year-old child two ampoules a day, as a result of which there was agitation, tearfulness, lack of sleep for two months, the child ran like a routine up to 4 in the morning! After the second course, no positive changes were noticed, they were barely taken out of that excited state. You should take the drug with caution and only in the first half of the day!
- Helena. After taking this drug, I noticed a tearfulness, hyperactivity, tearfulness, increased nervous irritability in my ten-year-old child. Such side effects were seen after taking two vials of Kogitum. When we reduced the dose, the symptoms I mentioned stopped, and the child became more balanced. So if the child shows signs of increased activity, he can reduce the dose.
- Tseryabko AV, pediatric neuropathologist. I often prescribe Kogitum with ZRR and ZPMR to my patients. He will not work a miracle in case of gross organic brain damage (for example, cerebral palsy), but it can become an impetus that triggers speech and psychomotor development in children with mild CNS disorders, hypoxic encephalopathy. Independently “prescribe” the drug to the child is not worth it: first, the doctor must find out the reason for the lag of speech development, and only then proceed to comprehensive treatment. And remember: it is possible to speak about ZRR only after 3 years. If the child says almost nothing in 2-2.5 years, it may well be a variant of the norm.
The majority of patients taking coagitum fortifying agent remain satisfied with the result of therapy. For many children, this medication has helped to cope with the symptoms of neurotic disorders, delayed speech development, and depression. It should be borne in mind that the drug does not give a quick effect. Evaluate the result of therapy should be only after passing the entire course of therapy.
In rare cases, the deterioration of the child is recorded. Usually such a result is possible with hyperactivity. Symptoms of a pathological condition begin to appear more pronounced. However, the manufacturer does not consider this condition to be a side effect of the medication. Experts say that drug treatment can be continued in combination with sedatives.
The expressed therapeutic effect gives "Kogitum" in the treatment of the effects of traumatic brain injuries, diseases of viral etiology. The dosage and treatment regimen must be determined by the attending physician.
If a person for some reason cannot use Kogitum, it is allowed to resort to the help of analogs. For funds they are:
- Caviton - a drug that improves cerebral circulation and brain metabolism.
- Vinpocetine. It differs from the "original" in the form of release and is sold in tablets containing Vinpocetine. Contains a more extensive list of indications for use, therefore, before using, you should consult with a specialist.
- Vinpotropil - Russian nootropic drug. It is cheaper than Kogitum. It differs from it in composition. It has cerebrovasodilating and nootropic effects.
- Bilobil Forte is an encapsulated preparation based on dry extract of ginkgo biloba leaves. It is an angioprotective agent of plant origin.
- Gopantam. Refers to nootropic drugs that are prescribed for diseases associated with cerebrovascular insufficiency.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep Kogitum need in a dark and dry place, the temperature should not exceed 25 ° C. Do not freeze the drug. Shelf life 3 years.