Tavegil (Tavegil) - an antihistamine drug, which has a long (prolonged) effect and does not have a sedative (sedative) effect.
The drug has a pronounced antihistamine effect, prevents the release of serotonin, histamine, bradykinin from mast blood cells, which are responsible for the development of allergic reactions. It helps to reduce vascular permeability, prevents the development of tissue edema. Sedative (sedative) action in the treatment Tavegilom not marked.
After taking the therapeutic effect begins after 30-40 minutes. The total duration of action is 10-12 hours. Excreted mainly through the kidneys.
Histamine H1 receptor blocker. Antiallergic drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Tavegil in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 225 rubles.
Composition and release form
Tavegil dosage forms:
- Tablets: flat, round, with a beveled edge, white or almost white in color, engraved with "OT" on one side and painted on the other (5 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 2, 3 or 6 blisters; 10 pieces each. in blisters, in a carton pack of 1, 2, 3 or 6 blisters);
- Solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration: colorless or from light yellow to pale greenish-yellow color, transparent (2 ml in ampoules, 5 ampoules in plastic pallets, in a cardboard box 1 pallet);
- Syrup for oral administration (60 ml in dark glass bottles, in a cardboard bundle one bottle complete with cap-dispenser).
The composition of the tablets (in 1 pc.):
- Active ingredient: clemastin (in the form of hydrofumarate) - 1 mg;
- Auxiliary components: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, povidone and talc.
The composition of the solution (in 1 ml):
- Active ingredient: clemastin (in the form of hydrofumarate) - 1 mg;
- Auxiliary components: ethanol, sorbitol, sodium citrate dihydrate, propylene glycol, water for injection.
The composition of the syrup (5 ml):
- Active ingredient: clemastin (in the form of hydrofumarate) - 0.5 mg;
- Auxiliary components: methyl p-hydroxybenzoate, propyl p-hydroxybenzoate, disodium hydrogenphosphate, sorbitol 70%, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, sodium saccharin, propylene glycol, demineralized water, a mixture of fruit flavoring additives (ABRAC S-2718).
An allergic reaction occurs when a foreign protein (allergen) enters the human body, to which an individual has a heightened sensitivity - there are already special immune memory cells in it that can synthesize antibodies.
It is during the contact of the antigen and the antibody capable of neutralizing it, and an allergic reaction develops, which is accompanied by the release of biologically active substances - histamine, serotonin, bradykinin. It is their effect on the body that explains the variety of reactions - the appearance of a dramatic expansion of blood vessels, edema of mucous membranes and subcutaneous fat, cough, runny nose of various rashes on the skin, a sharp and uncontrolled decrease in blood pressure.
The introduction into the human body of the active ingredient of the drug Tavegil, clemensin, changes the mechanism of histamine interaction with specific cell receptors - they become insensitive to this substance. Accordingly, the intensity of immune hypersensitivity reactions decreases in the body, the symptoms of allergy are eliminated, the itching and unpleasant sensations disappear in the patient.
Indications for use
Indications for use are allergic diseases:
- Food allergies;
- Dermatosis allergic origin;
- Angioneurotic angioedema;
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis;
- Acute and chronic urticaria;
- In the complex therapy of internal diseases accompanied by allergic reactions (bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis, pneumonia, arthritis, nephritis).
- simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO);
- diseases of the lower respiratory tract, including bronchial asthma;
- breastfeeding period;
- individual intolerance of Tavegil components.
In addition, it is contraindicated to prescribe a solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection during pregnancy, with fructose intolerance and for intraarterial administration.
You can not take Tavegil tablets during pregnancy, as well as in patients with glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, severe lactase deficiency, galactose intolerance.
Age contraindications to the appointment of Tavegil children:
- solution: up to 1 year;
- tablets: up to 6 years;
- syrup: up to 1 year.
According to the instructions, Tavegil is carefully recommended to be prescribed for stenosing gastric ulcer, pyloroduodenal obstruction, prostatic hypertrophy complicated by urinary retention, bladder neck obstruction, hyperthyroidism, elevated intraocular pressure, arterial hypertension and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
In addition, with extreme caution should be applied syrup in stenosis of the pylorus, angle-closure glaucoma.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug Tavegil in the form of injections or tablets at any stage of pregnancy is contraindicated, since clinical experience is absent and it is not known how treatment can affect the intrauterine development of the fetus.
The active ingredients of the drug may be excreted in breast milk, so during breastfeeding Tavegil therapy is undesirable. If necessary, drug treatment woman should stop breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use tablets Tavegil should be taken before meals with water.
- Children aged 6-12 years appoint 1 / 2-1 tab. before breakfast and overnight.
- Inside adults and children older than 12 years, appoint 1 tab. (1 mg) in the morning and evening. In cases difficult to treat, the daily dose may be up to 6 tab. (6 mg).
Tavegil syrup is taken orally before breakfast and before bedtime, using the supplied measuring cup.
Adolescents from 12 years old and adults are prescribed 10 ml 2 times a day; in severe forms of the disease, a daily dose may be increased to 60 ml in order to achieve a clinical effect.
The recommended dose of Tavegil children depending on age:
- 6-12 years: 5-10 ml 2 times a day;
- 3-6 years: 5 ml 2 times a day;
- 1-3 years: 2-2.5 ml 2 times a day.
If the dose indicated by your doctor is observed, side effects on the drug are rare. In individuals with increased individual sensitivity to the drug or in patients who have been using Tavegil for a long time, undesirable side effects may occur:
- Rash on the skin, anaphylactic shock in rare cases, swelling of the mucous membranes;
- On the part of the cardiovascular system - a decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmia;
- On the part of the nervous system - drowsiness, dizziness, lethargy, lethargy, apathy, asthenia, headaches;
- On the part of the respiratory system - a violation of the respiratory function, cough, caused by excessive dryness of the mucous membranes;
- On the part of the digestive system - dry mouth, thirst, stomatitis, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased activity of hepatic transaminases;
- Local reactions when injected - infiltration at the injection site, pain, hematoma.
If these side effects appear, treatment with the drug should be stopped and consult a doctor.
An overdose of antihistamine drugs can lead to both oppressive and stimulating effects on the central nervous system. Manifestations of anticholinergic action may also develop: flushing to the upper half of the body, dry mouth, abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract, fixed pupil dilation.
Before starting treatment, read the special instructions:
- Tavegil in pill form is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age. For the treatment of children from the age of 1 year, Tavegil can be used in the form of a solution for IV and IM administration.
- To prevent distortion of the results of skin scarification tests for allergens, the drug should be canceled 72 hours before the allergic testing.
- The tablets contain lactose, so the drug is not recommended for patients suffering from rare congenital diseases associated with galactose intolerance, severe lactase deficiency and impaired glucose-galactose absorption.
Clemastine has a slight sedative effect (low to moderate in intensity), so patients who take Tavegil are advised to refrain from driving vehicles, working with machinery, as well as from other activities requiring increased attention and quickness of psychomotor reactions.
Interaction with other drugs
Incompatible with the simultaneous use of MAO inhibitors.
Tavegil potentiates the action of drugs that depress the central nervous system (hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers), m-holinoblokatorov, as well as ethanol.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Tavegil:
- Novel. I feel that it helps, but at the same time I fall asleep during the day, even if I drank one pill at night, nasal congestion, desire only for bed rest, good luck with your recovery!
- Fox. 30 years ago, a dermatologist recommended tavegil. I was saved by tavegil and ointment fluorocort. For a decade, the allergy “forgot” me. Then she could “remember” once more. And again I was saved by the tavegil. Minus is sleepiness! But when itching, redness torments you, you do not sleep at night, you can forget about sleepiness for a while.
- Zoya I finished taking tavegila pills just two days ago, and I treated allergic rhinitis. He comes to me every spring. I have an allergy to something, but to be honest, for about six years I can not understand what it is for. Sometimes it seems to me that the whole thing is in flowering trees, and sometimes it seems that ordinary dust is to blame for everything. I do not know what the problem is, but it is still necessary to solve it. That is why I have been taking tavegil every spring for two years now.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Clemastin Eskom;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C. Shelf life of tablets - 5 years, syrup - 3 years.