Cystone is a combined herbal medicine with litholytic, diuretic and anti-inflammatory effects, used in the complex treatment of urolithiasis and urinary tract infections.
The composition of the drug includes 9 herbal ingredients. The pharmacological effect of the drug is determined by the combination of the effects of its components and consists in slowing down the process of stone formation and preventing spontaneous oxalate-calcium crystalluria.
Due to the combined action of the vegetable ingredients of Cyston, a decrease in the quantitative content in the urine of substances involved in stone formation with a simultaneous increase in the concentration of minerals that suppress the aggregation (bonding) of crystals — magnesium, sodium, and potassium — is noted.
Phytopreparation with diuretic, litholytic and anti-inflammatory effects.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Cystone cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 400 rubles.
Composition and release form
The dosage form of release of Cystone - pills: light brown with patches of darker / lighter color, biconvex, round (in plastic bottles of 100 pcs., In a cardboard bundle one bottle).
Active substances in the composition of 1 tablet:
- kamnelomka reed (in the form of an extract of the stems) - 49 mg;
- madder venom (in the form of an extract of the stems) - 16 mg;
- ash vernonia (in the form of an extract of the whole plant) - 16 mg;
- Rough straw (in the form of seed extract) - 16 mg;
- onosma bract (as an extract of the aerial parts) - 16 mg;
- lime silicate (in powder form) - 16 mg;
- mummy purified (in powder form) - 13 mg;
- Dichenta stalk (in the form of an extract of flowers) - 65 mg;
- syrup membranous (in the form of an extract of rhizomes) - 16 mg;
- a mixture of plant materials, processed over the steam of the extract: fragrant basil (aerial part), aromatic pavonia (whole plant), horse beans (seeds), yakorets creeping (fruits), shy mimosa (seeds), horsetail (whole plant), teak (seeds).
Auxiliary components: sodium carboxymethylcellulose, crospovidone, magnesium stearate, aerosil (colloidal silicon dioxide), microcrystalline cellulose.
The herbal components that make up the cystone medication according to the instructions have antispasmodic, diuretic, antimicrobial, litholytic and anti-inflammatory actions. Also, the drug has bacteriostatic and bactericidal properties, showing activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella spp., Escherichia coli and some other gram-negative bacteria.
The therapeutic effect of the drug is due to incoming plant substances. When dysmetabolic nephropathy Cyst promotes:
- Preventing the accumulation of particles around the stone's core and their further growth;
- Removal of uric acid, oxalate and phosphate salts and small stones from the urinary tract by stimulating diuresis and relaxation of the smooth muscles of the urinary tract;
- Reducing the concentration in the urine of elements that lead to the formation of stones (oxalic acid, calcium, hydroxyproline) by regulating the crystal-colloid balance;
- Increase the level of elements that inhibit the formation of stones (magnesium, sodium, potassium);
- Disintegration of stones (by exposure to mucin), which leads to their demineralization.
The litholytic effect of Cystone does not depend on the indications of urine pH.
Indications for use
What helps? Cystone is indicated to patients solely for medical prescription, if there are indications like:
- Symptoms of urolithiasis;
- Urinary infections;
- Concretions of the salivary glands.
How to take Cystone can only appoint a urologist, who can compare the picture of clinical and laboratory manifestations, and prescribe the appropriate treatment regimen.
The main contraindications of cystone are associated with possible allergic reactions and increased individual sensitivity to its components.
The drug is not prescribed for the detection of calculus of large size (diameter greater than 10 mm). In order for the stones to come out not to cause pain of an intense piercing-cutting nature, a thorough thorough examination should be performed before starting treatment. Namely, to diagnose the size of the stones.
Drinking alcohol does not have a direct effect on the administration of cystone, but it is highly undesirable for nephrolithiasis and infections of the ureters. Because of this, taking alcohol in parallel with the drug by 90% negates the effectiveness of all treatments.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Cyston tablets are approved for use during pregnancy because they contain only herbal ingredients that are not capable of harming a woman or a fetus directly.
During pregnancy, Cyston is most often used in the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, such as pyelitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis (not associated with sexually transmitted diseases). Doctors also prescribe Cystone for difficulty urinating, due to their strong spasm, provoked by kidney stones, inflammation or strong pressure from the uterus.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Cystone ingested. The average daily dose - 4 tablets (2 times a day, 2 tablets).
Recommended course duration:
- urolithiasis (as part of complex treatment): 4-6 months or until the stones are released;
- urinary tract infections (as part of complex treatment): until the process is eliminated;
- prevention to prevent recurrence after the release or surgical removal of stones: 1 month, then Cyston is taken for 4-5 months, 2 times a day, 1 tablet.
Side effects when taking Cystone practically do not manifest, therapeutic practice, there are only cases of individual hypersensitivity of the drug.
Symptoms of overdose
To date, in clinical practice, cases of overdose of Cyston pills have not been registered.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- It should be borne in mind that the effect of the drug Cystone develops gradually.
- Do not use the drug for acute pain in the urinary tract.
- In the case of acute pain in the treatment process should stop taking the drug.
Compatibility with other drugs
Drug interaction drug Cystone is not described.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Cyston:
- Valentine. There were 2 stones in the right kidney, ciston helped. They were shattered and left, but saw with courses for 6 months - 4 courses, she also took urolesan additionally.
- Pasha. The drug is a miracle! True, they had to drink more than a year, but the stones, which even after crushing did not come out, after a long treatment, came out painlessly, although they reached 4 mm. Regular examination of the kidneys on ultrasound shows the complete absence of recurrent stone formation and even sand. It can be argued that I achieved complete recovery after taking “Cyston”. Although the treatment took a long time, but the therapeutic effect is very strong. Now I drink this drug once a year for prevention.
- Love. Chronic pyelonephritis torments me from childhood. Exacerbations occur a couple of times a year, more often during the off-season. It is only a little wet the feet and the disease immediately reminds of itself. I use “Cyston” for treatment. I like the fact that the drug acts quite effectively and quickly. The very next day after taking it, I feel significant relief. I drink through the course to the end, because the effect of the drug is cumulative. The preparation contains a lot of herbs, seeds and natural extracts. Apparently, therefore, the result of treatment is so good. The price of “Tsistona” is, of course, expensive, but healthy kidneys are more expensive than money.
Structural analogues of the active substance medicine Tsiston does not have.
Analogs for pharmacological group (Means for dissolving stones):
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Which is better - Canephron or Cystone?
Both Canephron and Cyston are phytopreparations, that is, as active components, they contain extracts and extracts from medicinal plants. However, Cystone is manufactured by an Indian pharmaceutical concern, and Canephron is manufactured by German.
Both drugs are indicated for use in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract (cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, etc.) and to reduce the size and prevent the re-formation of kidney stones. That is, the spectrum of action of Canephron and Cyston is almost the same, so both of these drugs are very popular and are often prescribed for inflammation of the urinary system and urolithiasis.
In the reviews, both drugs are characterized positively, but some people prefer and suit Cystone, and others - Canephron, which is due to the individual characteristics of each person's body. Thus, given the same therapeutic effect and similar efficacy, it can be said that one should choose between Canephron and Cystone individually, based on his own impressions of taking the drugs.
However, there are some differences between Canephron and Tsiston. Thus, the composition of Cyston includes much more components, which increases the risk of developing allergic reactions. Cases of an allergic reaction to Canephron are not described. Therefore, if you are prone to allergies, you should choose Canephron. In addition, Cystone has a more pronounced antibacterial effect, therefore, with strong inflammation of the bladder or kidneys, this drug is preferable.
Separately, it should be said about the ability of Canephron to reduce the secretion of protein in the urine during pregnancy, which is very important. Therefore, pregnant women suffering from preeclampsia or who have protein in their urine should opt for Canephron.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the tablets Cyston is 3 years. It is important to keep them in their original packaging, in a dark, dry place, out of the reach of children, at air temperatures from +10 to + 30 ° C.